i4 AI-Sonic Musway subwoofer upgrade kit
Full DIY kit for upgrading i4 Harman Kardon subwoofer
Best and suitable products for upgrading BMW i4 Harman Kardon trunk woofer. Tested and working!
i4 Harman Kardon includes bmw style 8" woofer in trunk that really doesn't provide much bass and most of the bass is coming from door woofers. There are several reasons like distance, low amp power and poor element (not real subwoofer). Enclosure is about 8 litres and there are few shallow mount subs that works, but enclosure needs some soundproofing to handle the pressure that longer throw subwoofers give. And of course more power with possibility adjust level so amplifier is needed. We have had time and free hands to test several combinations with two i4's and this set is what we came up.
Notice! Sub box in pics not included you need to use your own but all materials for soundproofing are in the kit.
What this kit includes and why we chose these?:
- AI-Sonic S2-A500.1 mono amp + S2-Bass Knob
- Plenty of power to 1-4ohm load. Rated 600Wrms @ 1Ohm 14,4V
- Speaker level input can handle max 32V when i4 gives around 25V, so no need of separate LOC
- Good adjustability like 12/24dB lowpass and subsonic filters, and 0-12dB bass boost
- Very linear bass knob with clip indicator led that tells you if you overdrive the element
- Musway MWS822 shallow mount subwoofer 2+2ohm coils and 250Wrms/500Wmax power handling
- Fits and works well in stock enclosure
- Adapters included
- Plastic speaker ring adapter between enclosure and woofer
- Female BMW connector with open leads to route subs signal to amplifier
- Soundproofing and sealing materials
- One 2,2mm 750x520mm STP Black Gold butyl mat for outside enclosure
- Two STP BiPlast 10mm 375x500mm PU soft mats to outside enclosure over the butyl mat
- One STP BiPlast 5mm PU soft mat for cutting seals and other soundproofing
- 1 meter CTK elastic butyl strip between speaker ring and sub
- Power and other installation accessories
- Connection Mini-anl fuse holder with two 60A fuses (other as backup)
- 2+2m Four Audio Stage3 power and ground cable. Enough to attach amp where you choose in trunk.
- 5m 1,5mm2 speaker cable to route signal to amp and back to subwoofer
- All needed power etc. connectors, screws...
No need to cut any OE wires!
International buyers please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for shipping quote!